New hosted instances automatically have InfluxDB set as a datasource in Grafana.
When a datasource has been accidentally deleted or for some older instances running InfluxDB version 0.8, InfluxDB can be set as a datasource in Grafana by following these steps:
- Navigate to Grafana in your browser using the "Grafana" link listed for the instance on your account dashboard.
- Login to Grafana using the credentials sent via email when the instance was created.
- Click the Grafana logo on the upper left corner of the screen to open the left sidebar.
- In the left sidebar, click on the "Data Sources" button.
- Click on the "Add new" tab in the header bar to bring up the "Add data source" page.
- Switch the type to "InfluxDB 0.9.x", then fill in the fields.
- The "Url" field should be the URL pointing to your InfluxDB API (e.g. "https://some-name-1.c.influxdb.com:8086").
- The "Access" field should work as either "direct" or "proxy". We recommend leaving it as "proxy".
- The "Basic Auth" checkbox and associated fields should be filled in.
- The user, password, and database must be entered in the "InfluxDB Details" section.
- Finally, click "Add" to finish adding InfluxDB as a datasource.
Once InfluxDB is configured as a data source, we recommend reading Grafana's Getting Started guide to learn how to create graphs and dashboards.